1. Read: Discussion Background
The ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines are used as a companion document to the official version of the ICD-10-CM. Understanding how to access and navigate the guidelines when selecting codes is important.
As you continue to assign codes for conditions associated with different body systems, reflect on how you access and interpret the guidelines for code selection.
2. Initial Post: Create a new thread and answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- Explain how you navigate the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines.
- Provide one (1) example of when you referred to the guidelines to select a code. Explain why.
- Describe how the information in the guideline from your example affected your code choice.