Describe the medical and spiritual uses of hallucinogens both currently and in the past. 150 words min
Consider the physiological effects of the so-called “designer” drugs. What are the dangers of these drugs? 150 words min
Describe the potential risks of the following: 150 words min
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Dietary supplements
What are some of the reasons why people use performance-enhancing drugs? Do you think that people can become dependent on performance-enhancing drugs? 150 words min
How would you explain the challenges regarding which disorder came first, the mental illness or the addiction? Provide an example to support your explanation. 150 words min
How would you incorporate psychopharmacological treatment when working with a client suffering from anxiety and addiction? What types of medication would you expect the client to be prescribed? What medications should not be prescribed? 150 words min
The contains two separate discussions. Each discussion need to be at least 250 words and 1 cited source, APA format. Reminder that all assignments will be submitted through safe assigned.
Assignment 1/Discussion 1:
The best counselors are aware of their personal values and how these impact their work with clients. Please discuss some of the values you hold that you think will help you be a good counselor. Please also discuss some values you hold that might be problematic in your role as counselor.
Assignment 2/Discussion 2:
After watching the documentary about Freud, please share your thoughts about Freud’s view of human nature. What parts of his theory do you agree with? What parts do you perhaps find problematic?
Choose a recent national or international news report of an aggressive act performed by an individual or group. Research available background details on the individual or group and supporting details. In 750-1,000 words, do the following:
1. Analyze one of the four theoretical models (biological, drive, social learning, or general aggression model) to explain factors that could have contributed to the aggressive behavior described in the news report.
2. Discuss preventative measures that could have been employed.
Use two to three scholarly sources to support your thinking, your textbook can be used as one of the resources. Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines within the APA Style 7th Guide.
Book Link: Chapters 9 & 10 In Social Psychology
( Learning about psychological, biological, and social development across the lifespan is essential to competent, ethical practice. To prepare for the final project, in which you write up and analyze a biopsychosocial assessment, begin thinking about how you will apply concepts of human behavior and the social environment that you are learning in this course. This assignment supports that process by asking you to engage in self-reflection and consider how the material you have engaged with in the past 4 weeks applies to you. Using the Kultura Media tool, you will video record your response to the assignment questions. )
- Identify an event that occurred in your childhood that influenced who you are today.
- Please consider guidelines related to self-disclosure and do not discuss an event that is potentially still triggering or share intimate details.
- Identify the developmental stage you were at when the event occurred and describe the important psychological, biological, and social factors that typically occur during this stage.
- Explain how the social environment impacted your experience.
- Explain your strengths during that time and whether these strengths have changed as you have developed.
Include a transcript and/or edit closed captioning on your video to ensure your presentation is accessible to colleagues of differing abilities.
REFERENCE REQUIRED READINGS
Zastrow, C. H., Kirst-Ashman, K. K., & Hessenauer, S. L. (2019). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (11th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 6, “Biological Development in Adolescence” (pp. 282-319)
(Cultures idealizing thinness, pressure from peers to fit in, and constant images of bodily perfection shown by mass media, along with additional physiological and psychological factors, can combine to create the perfect storm for adolescents struggling with eating disorders. For this Assignment, choose one peer-reviewed research study about eating disorders that focuses on a minority group of adolescents. Consider connections between physiological development, adolescence, and eating disorders.)
Submit a 2- to 4-page paper for which you articulate a position on eating disorders in adolescent girls from diverse racial and cultural experiences. Explain how the position is related to the biological and/or physiological development as well as psychological development of adolescent girls. Further, explain how such findings can inform evidence-based social work practice. Please use the Learning Resources and the research study you identified to support your answer.
Plummer, S.-B., Makris, S., Brocksen S. (Eds.). (2014). Sessions: Case histories. Baltimore, MD: Laureate International Universities Publishing. [Vital Source e-reader].
- The Logan Family
- Evaluate quantitative research questions and hypotheses in research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Identify quantitative designs in research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Explain use of quantitative designs in research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Analyze alignment among theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design in quantitative research studies published in peer-reviewed journals
- Apply APA Style to writing
For this Discussion, you will evaluate quantitative research questions and hypotheses in assigned journal articles in your discipline and consider the alignment of theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design. You will also identify the type of quantitative research design the authors used and explain how it was implemented. Quasi-experimental, casual comparative, correlational, pretest–posttest, or true experimental are examples of types of research designs used in quantitative research.
- Evaluate the research questions and hypotheses.The Research Questions and Hypotheses Checklist serves as a guide for your evaluation. Please do not respond to the checklist in a Yes/No format in writing your Discussion post.
- Identify the type of quantitative research design used and explain how the researchers implemented the design.
- Analyze alignment among the theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design.
Be sure to support your Main Issue Post and Response Post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA Style.
Babbie, E. (2017). Basics of social research (7th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 5, “Conceptualization, Operationalization, and Measurement”
Burkholder, G. J., Cox, K. A., Crawford, L. M., & Hitchcock, J. H. (Eds.). (2020). Research designs and methods: An applied guide for the scholar-practitioner. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Chapter 4, “Quantitative Research Designs”
The article to be used is attached:
Davies, B., Griffiths, J., Liddiard, K., Lowe, K., & Stead, L. (2015). Changes in staff confidence and attributions for challenging behaviour after training in positive behavioural support within a forensic medium secure service. Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology, 26(6), 847–861. doi: 10.1080/14789949.2015.1072574
The science of psychology has steadily been moving more toward a biological basis during the early 20th century but researchers found that it really didn’t explain all the nuances of human behavior. One of the more famous experiments is the Pavlov dog experiment, which described unconditioned and conditioned responses. James Watson went one step further describing behavior from what then emerged as Behaviorism. It was B.F. Skinner that shaped Behaviorism into its current state, through research on operant conditioning. Behaviorism still didn’t provide all the answers; psychology continues to evolve into different areas such as cognitive psychology.
- Explain why Pavlov’s experiments in reflexology were an important part in the development of psychology.
- Describe behaviorism from Watson’s perspective; then, compare and contrast his viewpoints with operational positivism and the prevailing functionalism.
- What are the major similarities and differences between Watson and Skinner’s behaviorism? From your understanding of psychological principles, which of them had a greater influence in the areas of both research and applied psychology?
- Psychology seems to have emerged as a science, but with an eclectic view of how to understand behavior. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Is there a difference between the research aspect of psychology and the applied side of psychology in terms of theoretical perspectives?
Justify your answers with appropriate research and reasoning. Comment on the postings of at least two peers. Provide an analysis of each peer’s postings while also suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
The reference papers provided by Writerbay.net serve as model papers for students and are not to be submitted as it is. These papers are intended to be used for research and reference purposes only.
Phone: +1 (940) 905 5542