Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Benchmark – Literacy Action Plan
A literacy action plan is a blueprint for improving student literacy skills. An effective plan requires that reading/literacy specialists use data skillfully to determine student performance, literacy needs, and expectations in the school. In addition, a literacy action plan relies on data to evaluate and improve current instructional practices and determine the overall effectiveness of the literacy program.
Create a 750-1,000 word literacy action plan for the grade level of your field experience classroom. You may use the action plan template for your district or state as a basis for formatting your literacy action plan.
Address the following:
- Action steps for achieving 1-2 goals and timeline for completing them
- Summary of the collaboration with stakeholders that will occur to support teachers in selecting assessment tools and administering literacy assessments
- Potential barriers for achieving the goals
- Family communication plan between reading/literacy specialist and families, to include initial, follow-up, and progress reporting
- Progress monitoring/evidence of success
- Evaluation tools
- The rationale for the plan would be used to advocate for literacy and language practices to stakeholders, including administrators and families. Include how assessment results will be used to improve student outcomes.
- Analysis of how implementing the action plan is expected to create a culture that promotes literacy in the middle-grades -7th grade-level classroom.
Support your literacy action plan with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies [and professional standards]:
MA Reading Elementary Ed & MA Reading- Secondary Ed