Chronic Disease Management
Choose one of the following chronic diseases to address in this component:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus type 2
- Childhood Asthma
Complete the following:
- Detail the population including who the members are, contributing causes, past medical history, family/genetic components.
- Evaluate the population including size, seriousness of disease, special needs, etc.
- Assess the need for formal case management.
- Argue the potential benefits to implementing a case management model including economics, quality of life/care, social disruption, etc.
- Analyze why nursing should be a part of this plan. What can they bring to the table?
- Identify other team members who should be included on a case management team. Why should they be on this team and what is their role?
Reading and Resources
Chapter 2 pages 44-47 in Fundamentals of Case Management Practice
De Regge, M., Pourcq, K. D., Meijboom, B., Trybou, J., Mortier, E., & Eeckloo, K. (2017). The role of hospitals in bridging the care continuum: A systematic review of coordination of care and follow-up for adults with chronic conditions. BMC Health Services Research, 17
Davis, M. M., Devoe, M., Kansagara, D., Nicolaidis, C., & Englander, H. (2012). “Did I do as best as the system would let me?” healthcare professional views on hospital to home care transitions. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 27(12), 1649-56.
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
|Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation||
|Other media (Prezi, etc.) presentation||
|Graphs or other illustrations||
|Note: Title and reference pages/slides do not count towards the count requirements.|