An unemployed family moving to Newman regional mining town in Western Australia with no idea about the health services available to them they are especially concerned about the support for their child on the autism spectrum.
- Define the health issues for the person or the target group involved as they access primary care.
- What are the primary health services available to this target group in the local area? What is the philosophy of their care?
- Who is employed within this service?
- What elements of this primary health service are involved in health promotion, prevention, cure and rehabilitation?
- What publication, web services and other methods are used by this primary health service to communicate their services to their target groups?
- Using the key social determinants of health as guides consider which of these: Socioeconomic position, Early life, Social exclusion, Social capital, Employment and work, Housing, and Residential environment could contribute to health inequalities for this target person or group.