Anatomy and Physiology Discussion
TED Talk Betsy Ray “Diabetes: Destroying the Myths”- youtube video
- Kacie Terry got sick in 2015. The doctor’s thought she had the flu but what disease did she really have?
- What hormone is involved in this disease and why is the endocrine gland that produces this hormone, not functioning correctly?
- Why was her body consuming fat tissues and organs in order to get energy?
- Explain what Diabetic Ketoacidosis is? Use a scholarly article with citations to paraphrase an informational discussion post on this disease.
- Why would this disease progress to hemorrhaging of the brain?
- What is a differential diagnosis?
- Does this type of disease only strike those that are middle-aged or obese?
- Add your own research about this disease using scholarly articles and citations.
Must be 300 words without work cited and factual information with US references only please! MLA format.