Have you given some thought to the topic you will research for Assignment 2: Annotated Bibliography? Here is a presentation that should help you in your efforts to select a topic.
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is for students to
1) identify and learn about a topic in American Popular Culture that is of interest to them;
2) become familiar with the online library resources; and
3) to develop some information literacy skills.
Instructions: Students will develop an Annotated Bibliography based on a topic in American Popular Culture that is of interest to them. A minimum of 5 peer-reviewed sources and 5 popular and/or open-web sources will need to be used in the bibliography. **An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each citation is followed by a brief descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance and quality of the sources cited.**
The completed assignment will include:
1) List the topic in American Popular Culture that you chose to investigate for this assignment. (e.g. sports, gender, class, mental illness, prejudice, etc.)
2) List of search terms you used in your searches (e.g. sport, sociology, “popular culture”)
3) Annotated entries for a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed articles and 5 popular and/or open-web sources.
Each source entry should include the following:
1) APA-formatted full reference for the source
2) Brief description of the source
3) Evaluation of where the source came from – i.e. peer-reviewed journal, blog, website, etc.
4) Brief discussion of how the source is relevant to your topic of interest
5) Brief discussion of the sourceâ€™s strengths and weaknesses
Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc, .docx, .pdf.
Use APA format for citations and references
View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you realized you submitted an incorrect or blank file, or if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is grades, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.