Answer this questions in 300 words for each.
- Critically examine cultural and social ecofeminism with the help of a concrete example, such as the Chipko Movement (1973) or The Clayoquot Sound logging protest (1993) or any other relevant example.
- Write an essay on the topic of environmental ethics.
- Critically examine the idea that nature isn’t natural but a social construct. The key point for our purposes is that philosophers continue to debate the logic constructionist claims, and some have sought to move beyond merely deconstructing arguments, and rather try to build new approaches that attempt to construct new understandings of networks and affiliations. Considering the range of approaches informing the work of cultural geographers that have been discussed in Chapter 4, which ones are you most convinced by?
- Critically discuss the concept of homeland and explain your own sense of homeland.
- What do landscapes tell us about a culture? Please provide a specific example in your discussion.
- What do cultural landscapes teach us about human-nature relationships? Please choose a specific cultural landscape and explore its significance with a focus on the cultural ideas and values that this landscape embodies.
- Critically discuss the concept of the first effective settlement.