Apply the appropriate Level II Health Care Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) code modifier, and explain your rationale, for each of the following examples:
- Injection on the left hand thumb
- Emergency ambulance transport and extended life support arranged for by the provider
- Diagnostic mammogram, left breast
- Cortisone 10-mg injection, right shoulder
- Non-electric wheelchair
- Intravenous catheter line, right arm
- Laboratory certification, cytology specimens
- Chest x-ray
- Prosthetic hip replacement, left side
- Electric hospital bed
Write a 150- to 350-word response discussing the purpose the HCPCS codes set and its modifiers.
Cite at least 2 sources other than your textbook. For additional information on how to properly cite your sources, utilize the Reference and Citation Generator resource.