Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 2: Alternatives to Incarceration
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
recent study illustrates that nearly two (2) million juveniles are
processed through juvenile courts across the United States each year.
Depending on the nature of the crime, juveniles may face detention or
incarceration if they are convicted. Given the fact that many courts are
reluctant to incarcerate criminal offenders, judges often consider
alternatives to incarceration. The driving force behind these
alternatives is to save taxpayer money yet still demand offender
accountability and impose sanctions for criminal behavior.
the Internet or Strayer databases to research the use of sanctions other
than incarceration or detention for juvenile offenders.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
the underlying historical and economic reasons behind the quest for
alternatives to incarcerating offenders in jails and prisons.
three (3) alternatives to incarceration that juvenile courts currently
use. Provide examples of such alternatives in practice to support the
- Discuss the significant societal and individual
benefits of imposing sanctions or punishments that do not involve
removing an offender from his / her family or community.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.
The specific learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how delinquents have been handled throughout history.
- Contrast the differences between the juvenile and adult justice system in the United States.
successful evidence-based treatment modalities for juvenile delinquents
and be able to describe the ingredients of effective programs.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in juvenile delinquency and justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about juvenile delinquency and justice using proper writing mechanics.