Focus of the Final Paper
Students may choose a final paper topic of their choice, or one from any one of the topics/questions listed below:
1. Discuss how employee training needs to evolve due to immigration and related cultural changes.
2. In what ways has technology impacted the way(s) we train employees?
3. How might employee training differ from one country to another on a global basis?
4. How can managers assist employees with their career development?
5. Discuss the future issues that will impact employee training both negatively and positively.
Students may make a recommendation for a topic not listed subject to the approval of the instructor.
Each paper will contain the following elements:
1. A discussion of the issue(s) at hand.
2. An explanation of specific rules and regulations relating to the concept (i.e. laws and/or policies).
3. Provide an analysis of the situation (the analysis can include historical information leading to the current
situation as the student sees it). What is your response to the content, either positive or negative? Defend your position. If multiple options/alternatives/positions are present and are being rejected you must also defend the reasons for rejecting an option.
4. Draft a conclusion (give your thoughts and opinions about what changes may/should occur on the basis of
current conditions and the research you have found).