Business Analysis and Decision Making: Internal/External Environment Analysis, SWOT, and Situation Analysis
Given the following case (attached),
- Use the list of analysis tools (see attached file) or tools you know that aren’t listed to conduct an analysis of the internal and external environments and draw conclusions about all areas. There should be a conclusion at the end of each analysis tool which states what the most important “take away” is.
You must have at least one conclusion in each area (12 total areas):Internal Environment Areas:
- Human Resources
External Environment Areas:
Use a PEST analysis to cover the political, economical, social, and technological areas.
Using the conclusions from your analysis,
- Sort those conclusions into a SWOT, creating critical opportunities and critical threats. Conclusions from the internal environment are strengths/weaknesses, and from the external environment are opportunities/threats. Analysis tools used will be put at the end of the document as exhibits. Please add footnotes in the SWOT that refer the reader to which exhibit was used for each conclusion (see attached file for example). Max 3 pages of exhibits.
- Then, write a situation analysis which summarizes the most important conclusions, which covers all areas of the internal and external environment. It reports what is happening right now and the root causes, not what could be done about the current situation. There will be 2 paragraphs: 1 paragraph about the critical opportunities and 1 paragraph about the critical threats. Just like with the SWOT, use footnotes to refer the reader to supporting exhibits (see attached file for example). Max 500 words.
- Use information from the case and refrain from using information obtained from external research.
- Save the file as a word (.docx) file.