W06_ResearchPaper_EVS1001.pdf Your food is traded between states as well as globally. Global food trade is extremely important to all countries. Review the research paper linked here for additional information: Global Food Consumption and Impacts on Trade Patterns
For this week’s class discussion, research and respond to the following:
- Name 3 agricultural crops that are grown in your state (province/ area).
- What produce does your state trade to other countries or other states?
- Why is trade between states (regions) important?
- Why is global food trade important (in regards to hunger and starvation, not the economy)?
- Would the U.S. as we know it today survive without global food trade? Why or why not?
- What’s the difference between organic food and genetically modified food?
- Which is better for the environment and our health?
Note: If you are currently living outside the U.S. you may discuss the area in which you are currently living.