Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
You must open and read Case 25: Southwest Airlines
in 2016: Culture, Values and Operating Practices, by Arthur A. Thompson and
John E. Gamble, starting at (page C-311) which is in the uploaded file. YOU MUST CITE USING THE CASE STUDY THAT IS UPLOADED as well as use other information on the Web to research the company further to find any relevant events that have transpired since the writing of the case study. Use the company’s website, Internet search engines such as Google, online data services, or other sources to locate the latest articles about the company including press releases and current financial information. Be sure to cite all sources according to APA guidelines. DO NOT forget to number your responses.
1. Building core competencies and competitive capabilities is essential for organizational success. Discuss three ways to approach these elements, and explain how they have been applied by the management at Southwest Airlines.
2. Define and explain the Six Sigma process. How has or could Southwest Airlines put that process to work in support of their business strategies and objectives?1. Building core competencies and competitive capabilities is essential for organizational success. Discuss three ways to approach these elements, and explain how they have been applied by the management at Southwest Airlines.
3. Gary C. Kelly, the present CEO of Southwest Airlines, established four key success factors (KSFs) for Southwest Airlines. Select whichever of those four KSFs you deem most important to Southwest Airlines’ success. Fully justify your selection, and provide
4. Herb Kelleher was a strong proponent of the idea that the employee—not the customer—came first. Regarding his views, Kelleher stated:
You have to treat your employees like your customers. When you treat them right, then they will treat your outside customers right. That has been a very powerful competitive weapon for us. You’ve got to take the time to listen to people’s ideas. If you just tell somebody no, that’s an act of power and, in my opinion, an abuse of power. You don’t want to constrain people in their thinking.
Select and describe an instance and/or example from the case that illustrates Kelleher’s statement. What do you find to be the most important impact on Southwest Airlines from such valuing of the employee?
5. Define the elements that, in combination, constitute a corporate culture. Which element do you think Southwest Airlines has used to its best advantage? Justify your selection and describe the way your selected element has contributed to the Southwest Airlines corporate culture.
NO PLAGIARISM! and use APA citation