Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Explain the legal and ethical issues surrounding various controversial issues in healthcare.
- Discuss current issues in healthcare.
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
HS101-5: Identify current topics in healthcare.
GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials Standard English.
Your Assignments in this course will take you through “A Day in the Life” of a healthcare professional. You will be given the opportunity to apply the concepts that you have learned throughout the course to a variety of situations that a healthcare professional might face.
In addition to the grading standards found in the Syllabus, assignments will also be graded on accuracy and application of course materials. This Assignment is a research paper and should meet the following requirements:
- The Assignment should have 2-3 pages of content.
- The Assignment should utilize APA style, including a title page, reference page, double spacing, and the use of Times New Roman Font Size 12.
- The Assignment should utilize Standard English, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
For more information on writing a research page, please visit the Writing Center.
Choose a controversial issue in healthcare from the list below. Respond to the questions and upload to the appropriate Dropbox.
Each question should be answered in complete sentences, using correct sentence structure. Responses should be free of grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors.
Stem Cell Research
Genetic Testing Organ Donation
Other choice, if approved by your instructor
Questions to answer:
- What are the main legal and ethical issues surrounding your chosen topic? The response to this question should be the bulk of your paper, about 2 pages long.
- What is one court case that involved your chosen topic? Summarize the court case, including the outcome. Be sure to include proper citation in APA style.