Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Article Presentation and Discussion
Find a peer-reviewed article that uses epidemiological methods to examine a health-related issue, and present it to the class. Make sure to cover the following points:
- Background: what is the existing problem and why is it an important issue to study?
- What were the objectives of the study? This may include hypotheses, if stated.
- What is the population about which the authors are seeking to generalize their findings?
- What type of study is this? Example: cohort, case-control, cross-sectional, clinical trial….
- Describe the study sample:
- Sample size (did they perform power or sample size calculations?
- Recruiting strategies
- Inclusion criteria
- Exclusion criteria
- Randomization (if applicable)
- If there was a control group, was it comparable to the case (or intervention) group on demographic variables? Describe any variables that were different between the groups.
- What types of statistical analyses did they perform?
- Results: univariate (without controlling for confounders) and multivariate (controlling for potential confounders).
- Conclusions: What did the authors conclude?
- Do you agree with their conclusions?
- What types of bias did you observe in this study? How might their methods have either exaggerated or understated their findings?
- Was there anything that they did not consider which may have impacted their findings?
- Were their findings applicable to the population that they are concerned about? If not, why not?
- What would be the ideal study design for their hypothesis?
The presentation should be recorded via one of the following tools:
Then you should upload your video to YouTube:
Watch VideoUpload to YouTube