Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The notion that leadership study requires self-assessment – “locating oneself” – and introspection has been reinforced throughout this course. The construct of metaphors advances thinking by quickly linking the left and right sides of the brain (Clouse, et al., 2013) [required reading].
The use of metaphors as a learning strategy, and especially as applied to leadership, is discussed in the Module 6 lectures and required readings. This assignment’s requirements provide an opportunity to expand knowledge, apply concepts, and construct metaphors in the pursuit of better understanding leadership and ourselves as leaders.
There are two parts to this essay assignment:
- Review required reading and lecture material about purpose, construction, and use of leadership metaphors.
- Identify three scholarly articles (other than required or recommended readings) related to leadership metaphors and learning.
- Gather three (3) videos that further explain the purpose and use of leadership metaphors.
- Critique the videos using a critical framework and scholarly sources for support.
- Review leadership reflections and self-assessments from this course.
- Draw in outside material from a career portfolio, leadership assessments, performance feedback, or other artifacts.
- Define a process to construct an original personal leadership metaphor.
- Produce an original personal leadership metaphor in any form other than in writing. Consider illustrations, networked designs, video, animation, graphs, charts, color, etc. (Note that if certain media or formats are not possible for you to use, please consider option 2 of this Critical Thinking Assignment, or notify your instructor to work out a suitable option for you.)
- Include an introduction with purpose statement, body, and conclusion including:
- A two-page critique of videos related to leadership metaphors
- A one-page overview of the process to construct a leadership metaphor
- A personal leadership metaphor in non-written form (if possible. See above)—referenced and attached or submitted separately
- In-text citation used throughout the assignment and APA-formatted reference list.
- Please no plagiarism and sources should not be older than 5 years.