• Indirect Care Provider Roles:
o Nurse Administrator
o Nurse Informaticist
o Nurse Educator
• Direct Care Provider Roles:
o NP (Adult, Gerontology, or Family Health)
To prepare for this assignment, review all core competencies and then provide a response in a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding the title and reference page) your review of these competencies considering the following:
• Compare and contrast the core competencies of a direct care provider advanced role and indirect care provider advanced role. For example, if you are a nurse informaticist or nurse administrator student, compare your role’s core competencies to the NP core competencies. If you are a NP student, compare your role’s core competencies to that of the nurse informaticist or the nurse administrator.
IM A NP STUDENT COMPARE TO A NURSE ADMINISTRATOR STUDENT.
• Analyze the similarities and differences in implementation of the competencies within the selected roles.
URLs to assist you in preparing your assignment:
• AACN for Nurse Informatics
• Adult-Gerontology NP Competencies
• AONE for Nurse Administrators/Executives
• Family NP Competencies
• NLN for Nurse Educators
• NONFP-NP Core Competencies and Content
• AANP Association for NPs
Name your document: SU_NSG5000_W4A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
Submit your document to the W4 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Saturday, March 19, 2016.
Assignment 2 Grading Criteria Maximum Points
Compared and contrasted the core competencies of a direct care provider advanced role and indirect care provider advanced role. 30
Analyzed the similarities and differences in implementation of the competencies within the selected roles. 30
Utilized and cited two of the websites listed above in correct APA format in the body of the paper. 20
Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. APA format was used. 20