Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Using the concepts learned in class, answer the following question:
What explains the difference in “happiness” of two countries of your choice?
- Review the findings of the World Happiness Report 2018 (Links to an external site.) (http://worldhappiness.report/ed/2018/ (Links to an external site.))
- Review the ranking on pages 21-23 of the report, as well as the scores reported in the happiness ranking table available here Happiness Scores (Links to an external site.) (https://1drv.ms/b/s!AvOH2aQzkohOgu1YPp2kyU1t5BooFw (Links to an external site.))
- Select two countries with different scores (one high, one low – at least 2-point difference in their happiness scores)
- Research the institutional arrangements within these countries, including both formal institutions and informal ones, and hypothesize how these arrangements may explain the difference in their the happiness scores.
- HINT: In various module videos, and also in your textbook, there are some indices and rankings of countries on different characteristics, for example Democracy Index, World Governance Index, Rule of Law Index. You can use the country rankings to help you identify some characteristics which affects happiness score. Make sure you explain WHY and HOW these particular characteristics can be linked to happiness.Also, think what the functions of institutions are, what performance expectations they must meet, and link those to perceptions of happiness.
- Present your research, evidence and explanation about the link between happiness scores and institutions in a well-written, logical and structured research paper.
Instructions for Formatting and Organization:
- Paper needs to be 5 pages in length, and comply with the following design features:
- font Times New Roman
- font size 12,
- double-spaced formatting,
- page numbers on each page, excluding cover page
- 1-inch margins all around.
- Include a cover page with the paper title, i.e. “Comparison of ….”, your name, instructor’s name, and class.
- Divide paper into sections – For example: Introduction, Institutions in France, Institutions in Haiti, Explanation, Conclusion
- Include proper citations using APA style. For instructions on using APA style, see here https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ (Links to an external site.)
- You need at least 5 sources in your bibliography. References may include books, journal, magazine and newspaper articles, as well as respectable online sources. Wikipedia is NOT recognized as a respectable online source for the purpose of this paper. If in doubt about a source, please ask your instructor.
- Always proofread your paper. Running the spell checker is the bare minimum you can do to ensure lack of typos. However, read your paper carefully yourself when finished, and also consider asking someone else to proof read it for you. Points will be deducted not only for research effort, argumentation and presentation but also for stylistic and grammatical errors.
- Consider visiting the FIU Center for Excellence in Writing, (http://writingcenter.fiu.edu/ (Links to an external site.)). You can make an appointment for an in-person visit or they can also help in an online session.
Plagiarism is a serious offense that will not be tolerated. The rule of thumb is that any idea or sentence that is not your own needs to be cited and credited to its originator.
The Geography of Happiness, 2018
LOOK AT THE ATTACHMENTS FOR FURTHER DETAILS AN PICS.