Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint presentation that describes communication barriers within an interdisciplinary team and how those barriers affect patient safety and health care outcomes. Offer a solution in which you recommend evidence-based strategies to improve communication within the team and explain how the strategies benefit the team and patients.
The ability to effectively communicate as part of interdisciplinary collaboration is essential for patient safety and successful health care delivery.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the principles and practices of highly effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Describe communication barriers that can occur within an interdisciplinary team.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve communication within an interdisciplinary team.
- Explain how specific communication strategies benefit both team members and patients.
- Competency 3: Explain the internal and external factors that can affect the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Explain how communication barriers between members of an interdisciplinary team can affect patient safety and health care outcomes.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, APA formatting, and mechanics.
ContextEffective communication is important in all organizations and is especially important in the area of health care. Communication can come in many forms, but the crucial factor is whether the communication is effective.SHOW LESSCollaboration among teams is important for the delivery of appropriate medical care and for providing the specialized skills necessary to meet the needs of patients and the public. Assessing the needs of a community may involve communication across several public service providers and private entities.
Maintaining open communication and collaboration among teams is essential to assess the needs of a community or those of patients and their families within a health care system. The same communication skills must be evident within the interdisciplinary health care team, or across the public and private sectors in a community, in order to promote collaboration and understanding and to provide the utmost quality service.
Interdisciplinary Communication Scoring Guide