Homework Questions: Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014).
1. What are two or three main themes in Rise of the Planet of the Apes? Explain.
2. Caesar begins the story living in relative comfort with a human family and eventually becomes a revolutionary, what led him to leading the revolt against humans?
3. A technical question regarding the film, Were the filmmakers successful in making the apes believable?
4. Set 10 years later, how does Dawn of the Planet of the Apes differ in tone and theme from the first film?
5. How do the conflicts between Caesar and Koba and that of Malcolm and Dreyfuss mirror each other?
6. Overall, how did the sequel compare to the first film (in your opinion)?