The growth, development, and learned behaviors that occur during the first year of infancy have a direct effect on the individual throughout a lifetime. For this assignment, research an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants and develop a health promotion that can be presented to caregivers.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint health promotion, with speaker notes, that outlines a teaching plan. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice over or a video. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning, and an additional slide for references at the end.
In developing your PowerPoint, take into consideration the health care literacy level of your target audience, as well as the demographic of the caregiver/patient (socioeconomic level, language, culture, and any other relevant characteristic of the caregiver) for which the presentation is tailored.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the selected environmental factor. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
- Create a health promotion plan that can be presented to caregivers to address the environmental factor and improve the overall health and well-being of infants.
- Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
- Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. At least three scholarly resources are required. Two of the three resources must be peer-reviewed and no more than 6 years old.
- Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.