Please Do Not Bid unless you have the Textbook: The Alcoholic Family in Recovery ( A Developmental Model) BY: Stephanie Brown/ Virginia Lewis.
Please follow the directions as given/ No PLagiarism and Reference and cite all work.
Learning Activity #3: Developmental Nature Paper
- Read Chapters 1-2 in your textbook by Brown & Lewis.
- Write a 2-3 page paper summarizing Brown’s key assumptions / paradoxes.
- To achieve maximum points for content and analysis, the following elements need to be thoroughly addressed based on the interview:
- Summarize Brown’s key assumptions/paradoxes.
- Define the terms alcoholism and recovery; describe the alcoholic family and the alcoholic family in treatment.
- List the four stages of recovery and the three domains of change.
- Ensure that you have cited and referenced at least two scholarly sources.
Objective 2: Outline the value of AA, Al-Anon, and other 12-step programs.
Alcoholics Anonymous and other mutual aid strategies have been both praised and criticized by theorists and providers. Brown and Lewis clearly endorse these strategies as being integral to their model of family treatment.
Learning Activity #6: Various Contexts Response
- Access the information on Substance Abuse Counselors in the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook in the link below.
- Write a 1-page response, addressing the following points.
- Does the list of duties fit my skill set?
- In which work environment do I feel I would be most suited?
- What can I best do to prepare myself for this position?