Instructions: Read each scenario below and answer the corresponding question. Provide citations to support your answer. Use FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) – FARSite
1. A contracting officer is drafting a solicitation for the acquisition of telecommunications services inside the United States. Is the contracting officer required to include the clause at FAR 52.241-2, Order of Precedence—Utilities, in the solicitation?
No. FAR 41.102(b)(3)
2. A contracting officer has a requirement for a USDA-designated item valued at $10,000. The item was recently designated by USDA and has not been purchased by the agency before. Assuming that none of the exemptions at FAR 23.404(b) apply, is the contracting officer required to purchase a conforming product?
3. A contracting officer is contemplating the award of a contract for the delivery of supplies valued at $150,000. Should the contracting officer include a requirement for contractor identification of sources of supply in the contract?
4. A contracting officer has a requirement for information technology for a national security system. Will the information technology be required to meet the applicable accessibility standards at 36 CFR part 1194?
5. A contracting officer is contemplating the award of a contract to the Chicago Lighthouse for the Blind for $1.1 million. Will the contracting officer be required to document the contract file to indicate how information in FAPIIS was considered in any responsibility determination?
6. A contracting officer intends to award a contract for personal services that will require contractor personnel to perform outside the United States in a designated operational area during a peacekeeping operation. Is the contracting officer required to follow agency procedures and the weapons policy established by the combatant commander or the chief of mission when authorizing contractor personnel to carry weapons?
7. A contracting officer intends to award a personal services contract to an individual for health care. Is the contracting officer required to provide for full and open competition through use of the competitive procedure(s) contained in FAR subpart 6.1?
8. A contracting officer has a requirement for end products for public use inside the United States valued at $3,500. Assuming none of the exceptions at FAR 25.103 and DFARS 225.103 apply, is the contracting officer required to acquire domestic end products?
9. A contracting officer is issuing an undefinitized contract action (UCA) for initial spares. Is there a limit on the amount that can be obligated under the UCA before definitization?
10. A contracting officer (CO) intends to use simplified acquisition procedures to fulfill an urgent requirement for a noncommercial item. The CO intends to forego the requirement to synopsize under the authority of FAR 5.202(a)(2). Does the CO have to prepare the justification for other than full and open competition described in FAR 6.303? If yes, who must approve the justification?