For this assignment, you will construct a hypothetical (or actual) single case research design (SCRD) study that will be used to write a paper. Based on the following scenario:
Scenario 2: Acceptance and Commitment
In the college setting, an increasing number of students are experiencing the impact of mental health issues in relation to their academic obligations and achievement, including increased stress levels, depression, and anxiety. As a means to reduce the impact of such mental health factors, the university has implemented a web-based counseling program that is designed to help students to learn strategies for coping with stress and anxiety as a means to increase levels of academic achievement. This program is a self-paced set of modules that guides students through a variety of activities and exercises based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. After hearing about this program, two neighboring community colleges decided to implement it as well. As a BCBA interested in learning more about the effects of the web-based counseling program on student achievement, you are hired to design a SCR study that demonstrates whether this program is an effective intervention for increasing student achievement.
Begin by conducting research and finding at least three peer-reviewed academic sources that provide an evidence-based analysis of the specific intervention that will be used to support the target behavior that you will focus on for your client., you will submit a brief paper (5-7 pages) to further discuss the SCRD that you designed. Your original paper should include the following:
- Title Page
Annotated Bibliography of the three articles.
- Include a brief description of the research question(s) and hypothesis as well as the method, setting, subjects, and research design used. Be sure your annotated bibliograph provides a summary of the results and the conclusions as reported by the author(s) of the study.
- Rationale of why the chosen design is appropriate for the study.
- Assessment of the advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of the chosen research design.
- Discussion of reliability and validity of the
A graphical representation of the data used for the study, followed by your own visual analysis of data to include:
- A summary of the within and between condition effects of the research design.
- A comparison of level, trend, and immediacy of effect.
- Calculations that identify variability or stability of data within a condition.
- A discussion of the split middle line of progress to determine trend and the Percentage of Non-overlapping Data (PND).
- Reference Page
The written portion of your assignment should be 5-7 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title Page: Provide the assignment title, your name, course and section number, instructor name, and date.
Body: Include an introductory and a concluding paragraph. Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs, using appropriate personal and professional insights.
- The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose that is clearly established and sustained. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
- Your responses should meet professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate and reflect knowledge of applied behavior analysis.
Reference Page: Sources listed in APA format.
- Include a minimum of three scholarly peer-reviewed sources to support your responses and conclusions.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left aligned.
- Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
- Use current APA formatting and citation style.