A 53-year-old male patient with complaints of non-specific abdominal pain is admitted to the hospital with hematuria and is undergoing diagnostic testing for bladder cancer.
Discussion Board Post – Genitourinary Conditions
A 53-year-old male patient with complaints of non-specific abdominal pain is admitted to the hospital with hematuria and is undergoing diagnostic testing for bladder cancer. Prepare a short discussion regarding the following information:
1. Incidence etiology /causes and risk factors
2. Presentation of common symptoms and are there any rare symptoms that could be missed if close monitoring/evaluation is not given
3. What diagnostic tests are generally employed to diagnose bladder cancer and list some expected laboratory
abnormalities or concern?
4. Types of bladder cancer and staging
5. What treatment options are often offered for bladder cancer?
6. How is intravesical chemotherapy different from systemic chemotherapy?
7. What is the benefit of intravesical chemotherapy compared to systemic chemotherapy?
8. Warning signs and prevention
List your (3) credible resources/references within 5 years and in APA format.
Please use reliable medical references such as your Goroll text, your Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment book, or UpToDate.
Do NOT use WebMD, Wikipedia etc. as these are not advance practice references.
APA format (if using outside sources).