First, provide a brief introduction of your professional background. Next, review the Office of Minority Health, National CLAS Standards located in the Web Resources area.
- Discuss your ethnic/cultural background (health perception and practices).Hispanic-Cuban American
- Choose a different culture or ethnic group and discuss potential cultural/linguistic needs. Consider your food preferences, rituals, health beliefs, and any religious orientations that may influence patient care.
- Apply at least one CLAS Standard that supports the identified need and discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse in promoting culturally sensitive care.
- Please list references at least 4 in APA format
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Healthy Living. Retrieved fromhttp://www.cdc.gov/HealthyLiving
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. Retrieved from www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org
- The Guide to Community Preventive Services. The Community Guide. What Works to Promote Health. Retrieved from http://www.thecommunityguide.org/index.html
- Healthy People 2020. Retrieved from http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/about/new2020.aspx
- The Office of Minority Health. The National CLAS Standards. Retrieved fromhttp://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/omh/browse.aspx?lvl=2&lvlid=53