Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
HoneyBOT® is a simple honeypot for beginners to use. Honeypots can give you a good idea of how many people are probingyour machine for weaknesses. Without a honeypot, you may not be able to tell if anyone is scanning your machine.
In this example, you will use your Web browser to generate some entries in HoneyBOT. You will try to make FTP and HTTP connections with your own computer. The honeypot will record the IP address of the remote machine that is scanning your computer and each port that was scanned.
- Download HoneyBOT from http://www.atomicsoftwaresolutions.com/honeybot.php.
- Click on the Download link in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the appropriate “here” link to download the latest version of HoneyBOT.
- Click Save.
- Select your downloads folder.
- Browse to your downloads folder.
- Double-Click HoneyBOT_018.exe. (The version number may be different as newer releases become available.)
- Click Run, Next, I Accept, Next, Next, and Next.
- Check Create desktop icon.
- Click Next, Install, and Finish.
- Press the Start button or click File, and Start.
- HoneyBOT may ask you to select an adapter if you have multiple NICs in your computer; select your current IP address. (It could be a non-routable IP that starts with “192.168” or it could be a typical IP address.)
- Click OK.
- Take a screenshot showing the total number of sockets loaded in the bottom status bar.
- Click Start.
- Open a Web browser and go to FTP://[Your IP Address]. (Replace Your IP Address with the IP address that is being used by HoneyBOT. In this example, it was ftp://18.104.22.168.)
- When prompted for a username, enter your first name.
- Enter your last name for the password. (Entering your first and last name as username and password will record them in the HoneyBOT log. You don’t really have an FTP server running. It’s being “faked” by HoneyBOT.)
- Open a Web browser and go to HTTP://[Your IP Address]. (Replace Your IP Address with the IP address that is being used by HoneyBOT.)
- Return to HoneyBOT and take a screenshot.
- Double-click on one of the entries with the local port listing 21. (The remote IP and local IP should be the same.)
- Take a screenshot of the HoneyBOT log entry showing your first and last name being used to access an FTP server.