Alternative Payment Plans
The discussion for this unit diverges from the main topic of case management to focus on a key point of managed care: alternative payment plans. Alternative payment plans include: Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s), Medical Savings Accounts (MSA’s), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA’s), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s). An employer can choose to offer these types of accounts to employees as part of a benefits package.
- Read the article, Consumer-Driven Health Care: What Is It, and What does it Mean for Employees and Employers?
- In the article, refer specifically to Exhibit 1. Comparison of various pretax savings accounts and relationship to a high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
- Select two plans and research each in greater depth.
- Complete the items below upon completing research:
- Generally, how can alternative payment plans be beneficial?
- Explain new information about the selected two plans discovered through research.
- Describe personal experience(s) with alternative payment plans.
- List at least one outstanding question that remains upon completion of research on alternative payment plans.