Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Stand-Alone Hospital or Another Healthcare Organization
For this project, you are to evaluate an existing strategic initiative, or program (e.g., addition of a hospital wing, opening of a new location, closing of an existing branch) for an actual/real stand-alone hospital or other independent healthcare organization (you may select a hospital, large medical group, nursing home, or an ambulatory care facility) within your community.
For the purpose of the assignment, assume that you are the Director of Strategic Planning for this organization, and the CEO has assigned you the responsibility for assessing (1) where the program is in its life cycle and (2) making an informed decision as to the best way forward strategically; i.e., should the organization expand the program, continue the current strategy it employs, change certain aspects of operational strategy, fully maintain the program as is, merge the program with an existing one, or close the program? The summary of your assessment will be presented to the Board of Directors, CEO, COO, and CFO.
Write a paper that proposes the process you would implement for assessing this project.
The paper should include the following:
- Executive Summary
- A brief description of the current program.
- Alignment with the organization’s mission, vision, and goals that support the project.
- Assessment: An evaluation of various factors that affect the feasibility and project development.
- Justification for the project via a robust assessment of the internal and external environment, using at least two tools discussed in our course; such as SWOT+PEST, Five Forces, BCG, etc.
- Consideration of organizational restrictions and constraints, mission, vision, values, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Consideration of organizational issues, context, and multiple perspectives and dimensions are considered.
- Implementation: Provide a summary of your recommendations and strategies for implementation.
- Realistic strategies and tactics identified with sufficient detail.
- Articulates the who, what, when, where, and why.
- Considers organizational restrictions and constraints, mission, vision, values, capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Relevant forces are adequately considered.
- Program Evaluation: A brief discussion of how you will evaluate and benchmark the project post-implementation.
- Specifies measures that would be tracked and trended post-implementation to ensure the action was effective and efficient.
- Organizational issues, context, and multiple perspectives and dimensions are considered.
- Infographic depicting the various strategic development stages you will employ, as learned in Module 5
- Conclusion: This brief summary should pull together your assessment and recommendations and leave the audience with a clear sense of your results and the next steps in light of the overall vision of the organization.
The paper should be:
- 8-12 pages (not including the required cover and reference pages),
- Be supported with a minimum of seven recent (within the past three to six years), scholarly sources to substantiate your position in the matter,
- Including an annotated bibliography. Each source referenced should be accompanied by a brief (approximately 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph clarifying why the reference is included in the student’s research. The annotation should inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.See the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab’s Tips for Annotated Bibliographies (Links to an external site.).
- Be formatted according to the CSU Global Writing Center (Links to an external site.), and
- The Infographic should be on one page. It should have notes within or an addendum highlighting the various aspects of strategic analysis that you undertook.