Health care managers need to be able to evaluate standards of care and potential liability for health care professionals and organizations. As a health care manager, you have been asked to prepare a presentation to deliver to new hires at the new-hire orientation. Your presentation needs to cover the importance of being an accountable individual for standards of care in a health care organization.
Create a 12- to 15-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation in which you convey the importance of accountability and liability implications for individuals and organizations in the health care industry. Do the following in your presentation:
- Evaluate standards of care and potential liability for health care professionals and organizations.
- Evaluate the status of provider rights and responsibilities in the delivery of health care.
- Evaluate the state and federal statutory and regulatory enactments relative to patient rights and responsibilities.
- Evaluate various forms of health care fraud.
- Identify civil and criminal penalties associated with the chosen fraudulent activities.
Presentation Formatting Guidelines
Include the following in your presentation:
- Title slide
- Introduction slide
- Conclusion slide
- References slide
- Detailed speaker notes or voiceover narration for each slide’s content
Citation and References Formatting Guidelines
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your presentation.
Format your citations and references according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assessment.