Health Information Management program for the RHIA certification
Please assist with the following question problems. These questions pertain to Health Information Management program for the RHIA certification.
One of the textbooks are: Oachs, Pamela. Health Information Management: Concepts, Principles, and Practice, Fifth Edition, 5th Edition.
Strategic planning assignment – VI. F. 2, 3, 5, 6, 7
ACO, IG, and strategic planning assignment
Â· Implement a departmental strategic plan
Â· Identify the different types of organizations, services, and personnel and their interrelationships across the healthcare delivery system
Â· Collaborate in the development and implementation of information governance initiatives
Â· Facilitate the use of enterprise-wide information assets to support organizational strategies and objectives
Â· Apply general principles of management in the administration of health information services
1. Identify the characteristics of an accountable care organization (ACO).
2. Explore the relationship of information governance (IG) to ACOs.
3. Which organizational stakeholders would you recommend be on the IG team/council?
4. As HIM Director, you are revising your HIM department’s strategic plan to include IG and ACOs. What goals would you include for those strategies?
5. Explain how the use of registries can facilitate an accountable care organization’s strategies.
6. AS HIM director, you have decided to bring the release of information services back in-house. For the last two years, you have outsourced that work, but continual complaints and an increasing backlog have made a change necessary.
â¢ List the managerial functions that will be necessary as you tackle this process and select at least one tool that will be used in each function. Be sure to justify the selection of the tool.