Assignment 2: Using Animals in Research
Click here to access the website, which explains the goal of the APA’s Committee on Animal Research and Ethics.
link for Animal Research and Ethics http://www.apa.org/science/leadership/care/index.aspx
Click here to access the website, examine the guidelines developed by the American Psychological Association’s Committee on Animal Research and Ethics (CARE).
link for CARE site http://www.apa.org/science/leadership/care/guidelines.aspx
Then, click here to read an alternative point of view from the animal rights perspective. Answer the following questions:
link for alternative view
- What is your opinion about using animals for research?
- Was your opinion affected by the readings for this assignment?
- Under what circumstances, or for which types of research projects, would you advocate the use of animals in research?
- Do you think the use of advanced technology, such as fMRI, will eventually make animal testing obsolete?
- What safeguards do you think would be needed in order to protect participants in studies using neuroimaging methods?
Your response should be at least 2 pages long and should include at least two scholarly references. Save the response as
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Described the ethical issues related to cultural competence.|
|Explained how one’s own personal values relate to diversity in the case study.|
|Made recommendations based on readings and the ethics codes.|
|Applied specific ethical principles.|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.|