Please I need help on the following assignment! Would appreciate it so much!
Case Study 1: Select ONLY ONE of the water borne concerns listed below:
- Campylobacter spp.â€”a bacterium
- Cryptosporidium spp.â€”a protozoan
- Entamoeba histolyticaâ€”a protozoan
- Escherichia coliâ€”a coliform bacterium
- Giardia lambliaâ€”a protozoan
- Leptospira spp.â€”a bacterium
- Salmonella typhiâ€”the typhoid bacillus
- Shigella spp.â€”a bacterium
- Vibrio choleraeâ€”a bacterium
After you select one of the water borne concerns listed above, PLEASE Research the biological concern and consider the implications for public health.
Your goal for this assignment will be to convey details of this biological concern to the general public, but you must present scientific details including:
1. The main routes of exposure
2. Health impacts to humans
3. The life cycle
4. Diagnosis and treatment to protect human health
5. Most importantly drinking water treatment (personal and treatment facility).
These five components must present detailed information to show you understand each. Please use your own words and demonstrate YOUR mastery of the subject. This will involve research beyond your textbook reading.
Your task is to create a public service announcement (PSA), which draws in the audience and has visual appeal. While a public service announcement (PSA) should be relatively straight forward so it is clearly understood by the audience, you must be sure you provide scientifically accurate details.
You also must APA cite all sources used in developing the PSA. Sources must be cited in APA style, including both parenthetical citations and a complete reference list. What this means is that at a minimum each slide should have a clear parenthetical citation for the text. If more than one source is used per slide or you also include graphics, these each must be clearly cited.
Please include a separate powerpoint slide for each component listed which are: The main routes of exposure, Health impacts to humans ,The life cycle, Diagnosis and treatment to protect human health ,and drinking water treatment (personal and treatment facility).
Please include images for the five components.
The trick is, you must include well-researched scientific information and the PSA must be meaningful to the intended audience
How will your Public Service Announcement (PSA) be graded?
- 10 pts – sufficient depth of scientific materials regarding routes of exposure
- 10 pts – sufficient depth of scientific materials regarding human health impacts
- 10 pts – sufficient depth of scientific materials regarding life cycle
- 10 pts – sufficient depth of scientific materials regarding diagnosis and treatment for human health
- 10 pts – sufficient depth of scientific materials regarding drinking water treatment
- 20 pts – APA Citations – all sources used to develop this PSA must be cited in the text and in the final slide with a reference list – use APA style for these citations
- 15 pts – grammar/spelling/language/professional tone
- 15 pts – presentation design – this includes use of audio/visual, graphics, and overall visual appeal