Performance management includes activities which ensure that goals are consistently being met in an effective and efficient manner. Performance management can focus on the performance of an organization, a department, employee, or even the processes to build a product of service, as well as many other areas. It should be noted that performance appraisals methods are not a one-size-fits-all solution and there can be some challenges with the performance appraisal process. For this assignment, you will focus on the performance appraisal for an individual.
Research and report your findings on the following:
- A minimum of three performance appraisal methods (Trait or Behavioral)
- Strategies for conducting an appraisal interview
- Reliability of appraisals
- Criterion deficiency and contamination issues
- Rater errors (central tendency, leniency, strictness, force distribution, etc.)
Arrange your findings in a well-organized, scholarly response of 2-3 pages. Support your observations and opinions with citations from 2-3 credible sources documented according to the APA Citation