This assignment provides you with an opportunity to explain the dynamics of teamwork, including motivation, conflict resolution, and leadership. First, read the scenario below.
Scenario:The vice president (VP) of marketing has hired you as the leader whose first task involves implementing a new process for applying customer service within the organization. The VP shares that the purpose of this initiative is to help resolve a list of issues that are negatively infecting teamwork: (1) morale is low, (2) employees are consistently late for work while others leave early, (3) workers disagree on the daily workload, (4) there is no drive or enthusiasm, and (5) above all, two employees have complained about harassment.
Your team consists of eight employees: three are newly hired employees, five employees are male and three are female. Each employee has a diverse background. Your charge is to reach the goal of improving customer service by directing the team through the five stages of team development.
After reading the scenario, write a minimum three-page paper by using the following questions as guidelines:
1. Motivation: What is the current state of motivation for employees, and what can you do to improve their motivation?
2. Leadership: What can leadership personnel do to positively impact teamwork that eventually leads to better customer service?
3. Resolving conflict: How can the employees approach resolving conflicts with one another to maintain a positive teamwork dynamic?
4. Resolving conflict: How can the employees approach resolving conflicts with customers?
5. Teamwork: What types of activities would help the team progress through the five stages of team development?
Also, be sure your paper fulfills the following requirements:
· The body of the paper consists of at least three pages.
The format of your paper follows APA style.
Properly cite at least three references (e.g., article, webpage) that you located from reputable sources.