(USE ALL BOOK, JOURNALS, MAGAZINE ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS, CITATIONS AND RESOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT FROM THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA!)
It is your responsibility as the HR Director of the same organization from Assignment 2 (I attached Assignment 2 for review. The Organization is a Mental Health and Counseling Services. The job opportunity is for a Community Counselor and the website to reference is: http://ncgcommunity.com ) to (a) create policies regarding pay and benefits for the selected job opportunity, and (b) develop methods for both addressing unionization and implementing OSHA regulations. You will present your findings to the Vice President of Human Resources for approval.
In preparation for this assignment, review the following articles on contractors vs. employees and temp workers:
- “Distinguishing Independent Contractors and Employees”
- “The Expendables: How the Temps Who Power Corporate Giants Are Getting Crushed”
Create a PowerPoint presentation with fifteen to twenty (15-20) slides in which you:
- Create a Wage and Hour standard for the job opportunity that you had selected in Assignment 2, and support your standard by using the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Equal Pay Act to prevent any potential discriminatory impact.
- Decide on three (3) benefits required for the job opportunity using ERISA. Propose two (2) methods that the employer can use in order to manage the fiduciary duties wisely and with the employees’ best interests in mind. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Elaborate on two (2) rights regarding unionization that Section 7 of the NLRA guarantees. Next, examine two (2) unfair labor practices, and argue the importance of your organization refraining from using such practices during any self-organization and collective bargaining activities. Explore two (2) potential repercussions of an organization’s interference with self-organization and collective bargaining practices.
- Propose three (3) ways to discourage employees from considering unionization. Then, compose one (1) strategy for championing a supportive and satisfying work environment within the organization.
- Use this OSHA violation case https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=28218, https://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=NEWS_RELEASES&p_id=24171 and determine whether the resulting penalties were sufficient to deter the organization in question from repeating the same violative action. Justify your response.
- Outline a plan for investigating workplace injuries, and formulate a policy that explains the process for filing a worker’s compensation claim within the selected organization.
- Use at least two (5) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources. (USE ALL BOOK, JOURNALS, MAGAZINE ARTICLES, PUBLICATIONS, CITATIONS AND RESOURCES FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT FROM THE UNITED STATE OF AMERICA!) I should be able to look up the resources to ensure they are accurate.
- Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements! (ALL WORK SHOULD BE ORIGNIAL WITH NO PLAGIARISM AND IN PROPER ENGLISH GRAMMAR!)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from eighteen (18) feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
- Evaluate an organization’s physical environment and determine criteria that ensure occupational safety.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
- Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.