Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Popular Culture, Politics and New Media
For this week’s assignment, you will be considering how news media coverage affects public perceptions of issues in the news. You will be selecting a current event in the news and you will read three news articles related to the same event: One from the United States and two from other countries that also reported on the same event.
The presentation should include the following:
- Identification of the current event chosen along with identification of the three news articles.
- Include the full APA citation for each article, including the date it was published and the country it was reported in, and a URL/web link to each source.
- Include screenshots of the first page of each article in your presentation.
- Compare the similarities and differences between the articles in the facts, perspectives of the reporter (tone, opinions shared, etc.). Consider the way images were used in the article or whether you can detect the reporter’s bias/position in relation to the issue.
- Discuss your perceptions of the current event before and after reading the news articles. Did your opinion or perception of the event/issue change after reading three articles about it?
In the presentation:
- Provide speaker’s notes or a voice over on the PowerPoint to accompany each slide.
- A presentation or Prezi that answers the questions posed above. Include speaker notes or a voice-over, images, and videos where applicable.