Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In preparation for this discussion, read the following articles:
- Work, Family, and Stress (Clark, 1992)
- Flexible Work Arrangements (Koch, 1998)
- Top 25 Companies for Work-Life Balance (Links to an external site.)
- Everybody Wins With a Healthy Work-Life Balance (Links to an external site.)
- 10 Ways to Establish a Better Work/Life Balance (Links to an external site.)
Balancing work and personal responsibilities can be a challenge. Employers are increasingly acknowledging these struggles and are instituting policies to help address them. Please address the following:
- Suggest two policies that you think employers could institute that would best promote work-life balance among their employees. Be sure to explain why you think these policies would help.
- Would all employees benefit from these policies or just certain types of employees?
- Once these policies are instituted in the workplace, what role does workplace culture play in whether or not employees take advantage of them?
- What effect would these policies promoting work-life balance have on workplace productivity?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.