Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Analyze the range of potential human dynamics in a disaster event.
- Competency 4: Articulate the impact of cultural myths on disaster response and recovery.
- Competency 5: Explain the impact of the media on public perception about disaster relief efforts.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
As the unit readings have showed, myths regarding disaster events often are fueled by images seen on media sources. It is not just enough that those employed in the emergency management field know these myths; they must also be able to recognize them in a working environment. Understanding that these myths persist can help you as an emergency manager during all phases of the emergency management cycle.
For this assignment, you will be review the scenario presented in the Identifying Myths media (given in the resources) and address the following:
- Identify two behaviors or statements that can be classified as cultural myths.
- Articulate the actual reality that makes these two behaviors or statements myths.
- Analyze why it is important for emergency managers to recognize these two myths.
- Express how media has impacted the public perception regarding these two myths.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 3â€“4 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of two references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
You are required to submit your paper to Turnitin. Once you review your results and make any needed changes, submit your paper for grading.Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.