Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In this assignment, you will
- Identify a current political issue that affects you and your community.
- Educate yourself about the issue by reading at least three articles from reputable news sources about the issue.
- Determine which policy-maker is in the best position to represent your interests with respect to that issue. That could be your representative in the U.S. House of Representatives, your representative in a state legislature, or some member of the executive branch. The key is that you identify a person who has some policy-making authority with respect to the issue you have chosen and a person who might listen to your position (for example, choosing your own representative to the U.S. House rather than some other representative).
Draft a letter to your legislative or executive-branch policymaker in which you
- identify yourself as one of the politician’s constituents;
- identify the political issue about which you are concerned;
- clearly state a position on that issue (what should the policymaker do or not do); and
- provide an explanation for your position that will persuade the policymaker to agree with you.
- After you draft your letter and feel comfortable with both the content and format of your letter, submit the letter as the body of an e-mail addressed to your policymaker.