Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Project Proposal
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
You have been selected to be the project manager (for a project of your choice). The project that you decide to use should meet all the key criteria of a project as outlined in the PMBOK, such as (a) having a beginning and an end; (b) results in something being delivered to someone; (c) requires a series of activities that must be done to complete the project; and (d) requires resources (e.g., people, materials) to complete the work. The project should be an information technology-related project, something related to an area of information technology that is of interests to you. If you need help in determining a project, please consult with your professor.
Write a 7- to 11-page paper in which you define the scope of your chosen project. In your paper you must:
- Provide a brief summary of your chosen project.
- Describe at least three project goals and three project objectives.
- Identify the key customer(s) and at least two stakeholders for your project. Remember, you are delivering the project to your customer(s); however, there are others (stakeholders) who have a vested interest in your project.
- Describe at least three key milestones and/or deliverables for your project.
- Describe a high-level timeline that includes key tasks and deadlines.
- Estimate the project’s overall cost, any key staffing/non-staffing resources needed, and how you plan to acquire them.
- Identify at least three risks for your project and how you plan to manage them.
- Identify how you plan to stay on track.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the project lifecycle to define a given project and develop its project charter and other necessary project documents.
- Evaluate the role and responsibility of the project manager, the project team, and key stakeholders.
- Develop the scope, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and schedule for a given project and assign the appropriate budget/resources to it.
- Develop a process for controlling a given project to reduce risk and evaluate its performance against established criteria.
- Initiate the closure of a given project and complete all of the necessary activities related to its closure.