Indicate whether each of the following events will result in an increase (I), will result in a decrease
(D), or will have no effect (NE) on net income for the period.
1. Stock hold as an investment is sold for more than its carrying value.
2. An interest check is received for bonds held as an investment.
3. Stock hold as an investment is sold for less than its carrying value.
4. Bonds held as an investment are redeemed on their maturity date at face value.
5. Stock is purchased and a commission is paid to a broker