(I would prefer the baseball player to be the option, but open to any of the 3).
Design year-long training programs for one of the athletes below. Design off-season, pre-season, early season, and competitive season workouts. Include weight training, plyometrics, endurance, and flexibility training.
Choose one of the following:
A. High school football player (specify position)
B. College basketball player (specify position)
C. Minor league baseball player (specify position)
Provide details for the type of exercise, duration, sets, reps, rest intervals, and so on. A coach or athlete should be able to take your program and put it into practice without having to contact you for clarity of further explanation. Provide rationale for your recommendations. For each season of each 1-year training program, you will include a ONE WEEK ‘example’ of what you would focus on with your client in that given season. For example, in a given week, you will show a proper strength training program for Monday, Wednesday, Friday and will show Plyometrics, agility, and speed on Tuesday/Thursday and you will provide the full exercise program for that given period of time.
- Off Season: 1 week ‘sample’ program
- Pre Season: 1 week ‘sample’ program
- Early Season: 1 week ‘sample’ program
- Competitive Season: 1 week ‘sample’ program
- Post Season: 1 week ‘sample’ program
You will also provide a rationale/explanation regarding your client’s goals for each season and how the programming and training protocol you provided will most appropriately and effectively assist the client in achieving their goals for the following season.
You will provide all of the necessary aspects of your clients’ programming including:
- Initial goals and assessments
- Proper warm up and cool down for each training day.
- Season appropriate training: exercise prescription, sets, reps and intensity
- Re-assess your client’s progress and update their goals at the beginning of each season in his or her one-year program