Leadership Paper – Part 1
Complete the Part 1 report on your leadership shadowing experience. Part 1 focuses on the leader in relation to the organizational aspects of staff, time, budget, and data handling, including technology use.
In the first part of your report on the leader shadowing experience:
Step 1. Introduce the leader you shadowed. Provide name, organization, position, credentials, and leadership style (leader perception).
Step 2. Describe the organization:
- Type of organization and population(s) served
- Mission and vision
- Strengths and challenges
- Care/services delivery system including delegation
- Two outcomes and measures used to evaluate them
Step 3. Provide a detailed description of your observations about leadership made during at least two shadowing experiences.
- Share specific leadership actions related to the organizational aspects of staff, time, budget, and data handling, including technology use.
- Indicate where ethical and legal considerations play a role.
- Provide comments from the leader obtained during the shadowing activities.
Step 4. A reflection of what you learned during this shadowing activity and its application for your practice.