list two principles of visual perception
- This is only a discussion question.
- For each of the following jobs, list two principles of visual perception from the textbook and briefly describe the way they influence how someone does this job. You can reuse the same principle for more than one job.
- 1.Forest ranger in a fire watch tower who must notice, locate and describe forest fires.
- 2.Zoologist observing fish moving and interacting in the ocean.
- 3.Secret Service agent who looks for threats in large crowds of people.
- 4.Pirate who loots and plunders while wearing a patch over one eye. (The eye may or may not actually be injured, depending on the needs of your explanation.)
- For one of the jobs listed above, indicate two improvements, tools, or changes in work processes you would recommend to improve job performance. Each recommendation should be supported by a principle from the chapter. Terms: lateral inhibition , binocular vision, vestibulo-ocular reflex ,Primary Visual Cortex ,Where-and-How Pathway ,Contrast gain, binocular advantage. Some terms may be used more than once, if fitting.