Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Many health care leaders struggle with identifying the advantages and/or disadvantages when adopting a new or improving a current health information system. Many organizations are opting out of acquiring a new health information system due to the high monetary cost. Meanwhile, other health care organizations face resistance from their employees and other stakeholders when there is new system implementation. Overall, system acquisition is a challenge for most health care leaders.
Review each of the following articles:
- Managing the data explosion
- Catholic health partners to acquire Kaiser Permanente Ohio
- Mergers and acquisitions may be hazardous to health IT
In a minimum of 300 words, refer to these articles (above) as you answer the following questions in your initial post:
- Discuss at least three of the barriers faced by health care leaders in adopting health information systems. Can these barriers be prevented? Explain your answer.
- Discuss some options that are available for health information system acquisition.
- Discuss systems of checks and balances could be used to eliminate or reduce resistance.
- Discuss how culture and/or behavioral factors influence acquisition.