Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
course we have been learning about the different eras of policing from
the inception of the first police force in 1829 to the current era of
policing today. Based on the current climate, there is a level of
distrust today between the police and the public. Riots, marches, and
protests in response to high-profile police shootings have eroded the
relationships that were built through community policing. With the hopes
of improving police efficiency and finding new approaches to working
together with the public, the country is again ready for a new era of
Internet and your textbook to research the different eras of policing up
until today. Based on the role and function of police officers changing
over the years, address the questions below relative to the current
state of policing and where we are headed in the future. As an optional
component of this assignment for extra credit, you may also interview a
law enforcement professional to get his/her explanation on this topic.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Examine at least (2) of the eras of policing and discuss their main strengths and weaknesses.
- Examine at least two (2) issues facing law enforcement today and explain the impact both of these issues have on social order.
- Take a
position on where law enforcement is headed in the next five (5) years.
Discuss what you believe the future of policing looks like, and the main
challenges you think law enforcement will face.
the role of the public in cooperation with the police, as you see it, in
the near future in order to improve the relationship between these
groups and to optimally work together in facing the future challenges
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed,
double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a
cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name,
the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Distinguish the relationship of criminal justice to social justice and the wider notion of equity and fairness.
- Summarize the mission of law enforcement in democratic societies and describe the structure of American policing today.
- Summarize the current ethical issues faced by criminal justice professionals and future of the criminal justice system.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in criminal justice.
- Write clearly and concisely about criminal justice using proper writing mechanics and APA style conventions.