1. Module 3 Practicum Assignment Executive Summary
The purpose of this assignment is to prepare the DNP student for professional practice at the doctoral level through a practice immersion experience aligned with DNP Essential II. The student will utilize the practice site of their choice to perform a cultural assessment and evaluate effective interventions for addressing diversity inherent in health organizations and patient care.
2. Organizational Cultural Competence Assessment
1. Collect race, ethnicity and language preference (REAL) data.a. Do you systematically collect race, ethnicity and language preferences of all your patients?2. Identify and report disparities.
a. Do you use REAL data to look for variations in clinical outcomes, resource utilization, length of stay, and frequency of readmissions within your organization?
b. Do you compare patient satisfaction ratings among diverse groups and act on the information?
c. Do you actively use REAL data for strategic and outreach planning?
3. – Gap Analysis Template – 400 words
1. Identify the current situation.Define what is important for you in your department or organization.
2. Set S.M.A.R.T goals of where you want to end up.
Your goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound. List a few goals that meet these criteria.
3. Analyze gaps between where you are & where you want to be.
Get to the details of why you aren’t as successful as desired. Is there an issue with processes, personnel or something else? List culprits here.