Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
This week, you will create a PowerPoint presentation. Think of your audience as a group of mental health professionals that do not have a great deal of experience working with relationship therapy. Your presentation will highlight why couples seek therapy and how formal and informal assessments can play a role in understanding couples’ readiness for therapy.
You are expected to address the following within your presentation:
Identify some of the major reasons that people seek relationship therapy. (Consider this from the readings, but also reflect on your own perspectives.)
List some of the reasons people may resist coming to therapy for relationship issues
- Define the SRCQ and the Marital Satisfaction Inventory, describe what they are measuring, and then discuss the pros and cons of using these formal assessments.
- Consider how you might approach an understanding of the couples’ background and readiness if you do not utilize formal assessments. What are some ways or techniques that you might use to approach informally assessing partners’ experiences?
- Reflect on the following scenario, and then explain how you feel you might tackle this challenge:
- Fred and Chris come in for their first session. Fred monopolizes the conversation and shares with you that there have been moments of infidelity, where they have caught Chris lying about relationships they have outside of their agreed-upon monogamous relationship. Chris only shares that they do not feel guilty at all and that they felt “forced” to come to therapy. Chris states that the reason for the infidelities was because Fred was controlling and that they were not satisfied with their sexual lives. Despite pushing, you feel Chris will not engage in therapy; they also seem to blow off the idea that they have any fault in the challenges. On the other hand, Fred is self-aware and willing to look at changes within themselves to make the relationship shift. When you ask the couple if they have considered separation, Chris seems ambivalent, and Fred erupts in tears. What therapeutic challenges do you anticipate? What is your next step with this couple? (Hint: There is no right or wrong answer, but consider the role of theory, ethics, and your values in your discussion on the direction.)
- References: Include a minimum of five scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy